Sunday 24 November 2013

Budget Christmas Tree

Oooooh Christmas treeeeeee ...



I was planning to put this 6 foot beauty in my bedroom, but Dad decided he wanted to use it in the lounge room instead. I picked this up from The Reject Shop for $15 - what a bargain! I didn't take a close up of the tacky star because I hate it, but it was only $2 for the ugly thing.

The larger tinsel on the bottom half of the tree are 4m long and $4 each. The thinner tinsel on top are 2m long and $2 each. Unfortunately the yellows are different but it's not too noticeable.


Dad purchased a bag of baubles from the market for $2. These aren't the plastic ones which means they shouldn't break.


These cute little bears were also from the market, I think they were $4. So cute!


Mmm, candy canes! These were also from The Reject Shop at $2 a bag. I think there were 24 in a pack.


I purchased these cute little reindeer at Christmastime two years ago. They were from Kmart and at $4 each, I couldn't resist. They came in only these two colours and I couldn't decide between them so I HAD to buy both.


The Reject Shop was definitely my friend this holiday season. I bought this to put on the tree but it looked a bit silly. It does make a lovely mantlepiece decoration instead! I've also just noticed that one side hangs lower than the other, hmfph...


More teddies. I actually have a nice little collection of stuffed toys (no shame) so when Dad spotted these at an op shop, he snapped them up. They look so cute sitting under the tree. The white bear was $4 and the reindeer (which dances and sings!) was $5.

Can you believe it's almost Christmas?
I know everyone says this but the year really has flown by, especially the last couple of months.
I still need to buy more gifts, eeek! I wasn't meant to leave it until the last minute but it never works out that way. I will be better prepared next year ... I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment