Saturday 21 December 2013

My 2014 New Years Resolutions


I really love making resolutions at the end of each year. Here is what I want to achieve in 2014.
BE HEALTHIER
I won't be giving up the junk food completely (who could deal with that?) but I definitely need to start eating more fruit, a few more veggies, snack on better food, and drink loaaaaaaads of water. This ties in with my next resolution.

DRINK BETTER
I very rarely drink water on its own, which I know is absolutely terrible. I don't drink that much fizzy, but I have a lot of coffee. That in itself isn't good, but paired with my anxiety, it's a recipe for disaster. Be prepared to see some smoothie making posts, yum!

BE A BETTER CONVERSATIONALIST
As a child, I was always an extremely shy person. Growing up I have become more confident within myself and decided not to care what other people think because they will have an opinion of you regardless. Small talk is definitely an area I need to work on.

BE MORE INDEPENDENT
This is a big issue for me. I can catch the bus to work or town to go shopping on my own, no problem. But if I'm at a cricket game with my dad and he wants me to buy our drinks, I can't bring myself to do it. Another thing is I would never be at that cricket game by myself, or the beach, or the cinema. One of my long term goals is to travel on a plane by myself, maybe even go on a holiday alone.

GET MY L2 LICENSE
I want to get my L2 license as soon as possible because I can't get my Ps until late next year at the earliest. It's so frustrating not being able to drive on my own, especially when there are people two years younger than me who can. I am hoping to get my L2 license before the end of March.

STICK TO ROUTINES
These routines won't be really strict, but I need to start walking the dog a few times a week, cleaning my makeup brushes once a week, things like that.

MORE OF, LESS OF
I want to cook more, because I do enjoy doing it and there are so many amazing things you can make. Something I need to do less is be on the laptop. I love the internet, there is so many wonderful things you can do. But this means I spend less time doing other things. Another thing I need to do it read more. I used to read all the time, but I struggle to find books I enjoy. I want to build up a reading list and do some reviews once I've finished each one.

That is everything I have come up with. What do you hope to achieve in the upcoming year?

No comments:

Post a Comment