Monday 27 January 2014

My Current Reading List



When I was younger, you could always find me reading. As the years have gone on I've struggled to find books that I was interested in. Recently I've bought quite a few books in the hope that it would rekindle my love of reading. Here is my currently reading list.

The Fault In Our Stars
by John Green

" Despite the tumour-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten. "

I'm going to assume you have heard of this book, because everyone raves about it. I actually didn't know anything about the book other than hearing a few quotes and the name Augustus Waters. If it hadn't been such a popular book, I most probably wouldn't have it on my reading list.

City of Bones, Clockwork Angel, City of Glass
by Cassandra Clare

With her life spiraling into darkness, Clary realizes that she has stumbled into an invisible war between ancient demonic forces and the secretive Shadowhunters - a war in which she has a fateful role to play ... "

" Friendless and hunted, Tessa seeks refuge with the Shadowhunters, a band of warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons. "

" Amid the chaos of war, the Shadowhunters must decide to fight with the vampires, werewolves and other Downworlders - or against them. Meanwhile, Jace and Clary have their own decision to make: should they pursue the love they know is forbidden? "

A friend of mine recommended The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices series to me a few years ago but I had never gotten around to reading them. I enjoy fantasy books so these sound like something I will enjoy. TID is set in the same universe as TMI, but in the Victorian era and is a prequel to the original series. City of Bones is the first book in TMI series and City of Glass is the third of six. Clockwork Angel is the first book in TID out of three.

Northern Soul Revival
by Claire Moss

" Joss can't forget that night for a very different reason, one that becomes clear a few months later, when she wees on a plastic stick and is confronted with two blue lines. Homeless, loveless, and planless, she tries to face reality but, on reflection, decides against it - after all, it's not like she's actually going to have the baby. Probably. "

I'm not too sure if I will get along with this book or not. I can't find interest in books that are based around adults that are married, divorced, have kids, are working at magazines, etc. I'd much rather read about teenagers and young adults being in love and all that junk. But for 20c I couldn't pass by it, so here it is on my list.

The Other Woman, The Boyfriend War, SS Heartbreak
by Francine Pascal

When I was much younger, my Dad bought me around 50 Sweet Valley High books from a garage sale. At first I wasn't too interested - the girls looked quite old and I was still in primary school or had just started high school at the time. But I gave the first book a read, and fell in love.

The series follows Jessica and Elizabeth Wakefield, two twin sisters who live in a town called Sweet Valley. Many other series were made including Sweet Valley Twins, Sweet Valley Junior High, Sweet Valley University and more. You can follow their lives from the age of seven to thirty!

I won't include the blurbs for these due to potential spoilers.

The Vodka Dialogue
by Kirsty Brooks

" Cassidy Blair, twenty-nine years old and addicted to matching underwear, is up to her g-string in trouble when she decides to pay off her credit card bill by taking on another job as a sexual sleuth. "
  
Once again, I'm unsure whether I will like this book or not. From the blurb it sounds quite funny so it could possibly hold my attention.


What's on your reading list?
What books would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment