Monday 20 January 2014

Recent Purchases | Priceline & Collette Hayman



Rimmel Space Dust - $5.21
Sukin Cleansing Gel - $9.99
Biore Triple Action Toner - $8.99
Beauty Essentials BB Cream - $9.99
Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - $14.96 on sale 

I had almost run out of foundation, my toner was getting low, and I wanted a new cleanser - so it only made sense to go to Priceline. The first thing I popped into my basket was the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation. I grabbed the colour 200 Soft Beige, which I've used before, but I was currently using 100 Ivory which I felt was a great colour for me. Thankfully I noticed I had the wrong shade before I opened the packaging, so I will swap this over tomorrow.

Before I moved on from the Rimmel section, the nail polishes caught my eye as they always do. I have plenty of polish, but I need to expand my glitter collection. I really loved the look of the Space Dust in the colour Moonwalk (more on this below).

Around to the skincare section I went in search of a toner. I'm really liking Biore products at the moment, so I picked up the Biore Triple Action Toner. This contains salicylic acid and will hopefully aid in the clearing of my skin. I've used this once so far and I felt a little stinging sensation, but it wasn't anything uncomfortable. I'm hoping this will do wonders to my skin, I'm excited to see how it goes in comparison to the Simple Kind to Skin Toner I was using before.

Of course I had to take a peek at the Sukin section. I had read on etcllymlrs that gel cleansers are great for combination skin rather than balms or cream cleansers (which I had been using) and I had to buy it. They only had sensitive skin available.

Right beside the checkout they have the bargain bins. The Beauty Essentials BB Cream caught my eye and I decided I had to give it a whirl. I tried this on a section of my face the other day, I really liked the results. I'm going to wear it to work tomorrow and see how well it covers my blemishes and how it lasts throughout the day. I'm going to be a little bit paranoid!

Rimmel London Space Dust in Moonwalk

With the picture above and below, I removed the editing on the nail polish so you could see the true colour that was captured with the camera.

 
I was only going to paint this onto one nail but I was so impressed I had to do them all. The first coat was great and it dried very fast, but a second coat made a vast difference. I wore this over the weekend and it only chipped on one index finger. Unlike a lot of other glitter polishes, it wasn't too difficult to remove. I'm much more impressed than I thought I was going to be.


I purchased these items from Collette Hayman. If you signed up to be a member, all full-price jewellery would be 25% off. The store had recently opened in my area and I've already been in there quite a few times. I am trying to refrain from buying a new handbag! I accidentally threw away the receipt, but I spent $13 in total and the hair tie was originally $7.99 Unfortunately, my hair is so thick it won't fit into the metal ring. I'm going to figure out a way I can wear it though. The necklace is showing up the wrong colour, it is actually orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment