Sunday 9 March 2014

Must Haves This Winter!

During winter the previous years, I would only wear dark colours, mainly black. And I absolutely hate wearing all of one colour, or looking close to it. Last year I started to experiment a little bit and this year I'm reaching out some more. This is a list of my personal must haves this winter!
http://careergirlnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/winter-must-haves.jpg 
Image source [x]

SKINNY JEANS - these are an absolutely must for me. If skinny jeans aren't your thing, go for whatever style you like. A black pair is essential, and I really like throwing in a few darker coloured pairs such as burgundy, olive green, and dark grey. Of course you should throw some blue jeans into the mix! I'm currently on the hunt for the perfect light blue shade, and also a light grey.

A STATEMENT COAT - ever so popular, you should have at least one of these or plan on buying one. Last year I bought a very dark blue coat with a fur collar, this year I am going for a bold colour. I've been eying an absolutely gorgeous tangerine orange coat from Dotti - but I'm waiting for the price to come down a bit!

WOOLEN JUMPERS - recently I've had to stop myself from buying a million different types, although a few more definitely won't hurt. I already own a cropped mint green jumper, a normal length maroon jumper and I recently purchased a larger black jumper. I really want a grey and white jumper, as well as some mixed colours (there's a really lovely one in Dotti at the moment - sigh, that store will drain my bank I tell you) but I don't want to splurge on them too much. I might find some cheaper ones in Kmart to satisfy myself.

SOMETHING COLOURED - it can be very easy to get lost in a sea of dark outfits during the chilly months, but there's no need to let that happen! Break out your soft red scarf, or your gorgeous blue coat, or your cute cream beanie. Just one piece of colour can make all the difference.

SOMETHING BRIGHT - again with the colours. Bright tones don't need to be confined to the warmer months, oh no! Colourful bags and loud accessories can really make an outfit. This can definitely come into use under the statement coat section - why not buy a bright pink coat, or baby blue?

LOUD TROUSERS - sometimes your legs need to take the focus. Why not invest in a pair of floral trousers, or tartan leggings? Maybe some coloured tights to wear under a simple dress? Get searching for the perfect bottoms.

LEATHER SKIRT - I've been looking for the perfect leather skater skirt for quite awhile now, because the good quality ones aren't around at the moment. All I see is the shiny pleather material, which doesn't tickle my fancy in the slightest. The other day I found a great asymmetrical leather skirt and bought it in a snap. I can't wait to wear it.

PATTERNED TOPS - my floral blazer is one of my favourite things to wear. A little while ago I bought one of those jumpers with Bart Simpsons head all over it (you know the one). I've been a little frightened to wear it because larger jumpers can look quite strange on me. I don't have very many patterned tops at the moment and I think I need to do something about that, don't you?

I hope this has given you some inspiration for adding new pieces to your winter wardrobe, or made you think about some items you already have and could incorporate into an outfit.
What are your winter must haves?
x

3 comments:

  1. I love love love skinny jeans! I'm also on the hunt for the perfect light denim pair X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my tartan leggings, they look any plain jumper look 100 times better! xx

    www.rawrbows.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete