Sunday 5 April 2015

40% Off Priceline Sale Haul


Recently I decided to no longer buy cosmetics at full price unless they are $5 or less. Imagine my delight when Priceline announced their 2-day 40% off cosmetics sale. I went in on the second day after class with a small list of items I wanted to buy. In total I spent $69.99 (only $0.01 short from another membership point!). If I had purchased these items at full price, the total would be $116.65. I saved $46.66
Front to back (top picture):
Essence lip liners in 08 Red Blush, 07 Cute Pink & 12 Wish Me A Rose (left to right)
Australis Eyeliner in Blackest Black (far left)
Maybelline Master Graphic Liquid Eyeliner (far right)

Even though they are normally $2 (!) I decided to buy 3 of the Essence lip liners. These are actually the first lip liners I've ever bought and I wanted to start out with something cheap so I could buy a few different colours. A lot of them were sold out, I will buy the rest next time I'm in Priceline.
RRP: $2.00
Sale price: $1.20
Saving: $0.80

I was in desperate need of a new black pencil liner to use on my waterline, so I picked up the Australis eye pencil in Blackest Black.
RRP: $8.95
Sale price: $5.37
Saving: $3.58

Another item I desperately needed was a liquid liner because my previous one had dried out; the last time I used it, it took me 5 minutes to do the second eye. The Maybelline Master Precise Liner was unfortunately sold out. A few days ago I had watched Crystal Conte's YouTube video on what she was planning to buy during the sale. One of the items was the Master Graphic liquid liner which I picked up. When I swatched it for this post, I wasn't impressed...it came out very weak and doesn't look too nice.
RRP: $14.95
Sale price: $8.97
Saving: $5.98

As I mentioned earlier in this post, I really wanted to buy some good quality nail polish. Having pretty nails is fun, but having them chipped after a day or two certainly isn't. My Essie polishes are some favourites in my collection which meant I definitely had to buy another while it was on sale.

Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in 550 Hunger Flames & 310 Shock Wave

My friend recommended I try Sally Hansen nail polish which I have heard people rave about but had never tried myself. I picked up two of the Miracle Gels, one in pink and one in purple. Unfortunately I didn't realize I needed to buy the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel top coat to go with these. Crossing my fingers it comes on sale soon!
RRP: $16.95
Sale price: $10.17
Saving: $6.78

Essie No Chips Ahead Top Coat, Island Hopping & Help Me Grow Base Coat

Base and top coat polish have been on my need-to-buy list for a long time, but Essie isn't on sale very often. I snapped up the No Chips Ahead top coat and the Help Me Grow base coat. I love long nails and mine do grow quite fast but they can break kind of easily. Island Hopping was my choice of colour, I'm excited to wear this.
RRP: $17.95 ($16.95 for IH)
Sale Price: $10.77 ($10.17 for IH)
Saving: $7.18 ($6.78 for IH)

Do you want to try any of these items?

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to try the Essence lip liners for a while now now, I've heard they are quite good!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete